Laura Thie graduated from the University of Washington, magna cum laude with a 3.9 average grade point average, in June 2003. She then worked to open a new facility and in management for a non-profit pet rescue organization until 2011 when she embarked on a new career path in commercial real estate appraising.
Laura began as a trainee and earned her state license in 2017. Laura worked with Northwest Real Estate Valuation from April 2011 until the office was sold and the principal downsized towards retirement in August 2019. During her time at Northwest Real Estate Valuation, Laura’s experience includes retail, office, industrial, and special purpose properties including self-storage facilities, restaurants, religious and educational facilities, auto dealerships, agricultural land and buildings, commercial and residential subdivisions, convenience stores, apartments, along with proposed construction and proposed renovations. In 2018, Laura was accepted as a Candidate for Designation and is working towards her MAI designation through the Appraisal Institute.
Laura began working with Pacific Coast Valuation Group in January 2020 and is enthusiastic about expanding her professional knowledge through Pacific Coast Valuation Group’s experience, software, and database programs.
- Basic Appraisal Principles
- Basic Appraisal Procedures
- Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP)
- Business Practices and Ethics
- General Appraiser Income Approach Part 1 and Part 2
- Real Estate Finance Statistics and Valuation Modeling
- General Appraiser Site Valuation and Cost Approach
- General Appraiser Sales Comparison Approach
- General Appraiser Market Analysis and Highest & Best Use
- General Appraiser Report Writing and Case Studies
- Advanced Income Capitalization