Shawn Wayt, MAI has nearly 10 years of commercial real estate experience, having held positions in commercial real estate appraisal and investment brokerage. Shawn was born and raised in Portland, Oregon and graduated from Gonzaga University in Spokane, Washington, where he was a four-year letter winner on the Gonzaga baseball team. Upon graduating in 2008, Shawn started his career in real estate at Lembeck Appraisal & Consulting in Spokane and eventually joined CBRE in Seattle in 2012 as part of CBRE’s Retail Valuation Group. Shawn was the retail market specialist for CBRE in the states of Washington, Idaho, and Alaska. He earned the MAI designation from the Appraisal Institute in 2015.
In 2015, Shawn joined Capital Pacific, a leading retail commercial real estate investment brokerage firm, as Senior Financial Analyst. Shawn managed a team of financial analysts that was involved in the sale of over $2 Billion in real estate transactions during his tenure at Capital Pacific.
Shawn joined Pacific Coast Valuation Group in August 2017. He lives in Edmonds, Washington with his wife, Sabrina, and black Labrador, Bailey, and is an avid Seahawks fan.
AREA OF EXPERTISE
Shawn specializes in the valuation of retail properties and is highly skilled in ARGUS software and DCF analysis. He has a wide background of appraisal experience throughout the Northwest that includes, but is not limited to, general/medical offices, industrial facilities, apartments, residential subdivisions, and commercial land. Shawn has also participated in valuation assignments for right-of-way takings in Washington and Idaho.
- Advanced Income Capitalization
- Advanced Market Analysis and Highest & Best Use
- Advanced Concepts & Case Studies
- General Appraiser Market Analysis and Highest & Best Use
- General Appraiser Report Writing and Case Studies
- General Appraiser Site Valuation & Cost Approach
- General Appraiser Sales Comparison Approach
- General Appraiser Income Approach Part I
- General Appraiser Income Approach Part II
- Real Estate Finance, Statistics, and Valuation Modeling
- Business Practices & Ethics
- Basic Appraisal Principles
- Basic Appraisal Procedures
- Residential Report Writing and Case Studies